Colonial Triad League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discussion area for all aspects of the sport known as Triad.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Qa. Squadrons short of players discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoenix

Phoenix

Qa. Squadrons short of players discussion Empty
PostSubject: Qa. Squadrons short of players discussion   Qa. Squadrons short of players discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:20 pm

If a Squadron League team is short of players on a particular game day, what options do we employ??
Please add your opinion. Please get them in by Wednesday the 3rd of March to allow time for discussion. All of the items brought up will be voted on by all present at the next game day.

1: Every attempt will be made (within reason) to reschedule the game. If the game following is ready to go and the CAGs of the two teams involved consent then the game in doubt may be pushed back one slot. If those CAGs do not consent (if the players rostered for that game are not available, or they require more rest), then the game will go ahead in it's assigned time slot.

2: The CAGS from the squadron short may ask the opposing CAG for a 2 on 2 game, played using 2 on 2 rules. This may cause problems if the other team has a full roster and wants to ensure that all their players get equal court time.

3: If the opposing CAG states that they are unwilling to play a 2 on 2 game then the squadron short a player may borrow a player from the

A) The Rec league. Once a player is selected by the CAG of the team short, the Head XO and both CAGS must assess whether that player has enough game experience to play Squadron League. Minimum experience of 1 game in neccasary. If the majority agree that the player does, then they may play.

or

B) The Squadron League. That player may be approached and if permission given by that players CAG, may play.

4: If no player is available they may play with whatever players from their roster that are available. Eg: If 2 players are available they may play with only 2 while the opposition can field a full 3 players on the court. They may also forfeit if they wish to.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Qa. Squadrons short of players discussion   Qa. Squadrons short of players discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:55 am

Ok, lets get the cab off the rank.

I like 1, 2, 3A and 4 as they are.

I don't like 3B as I feel borrowing a player from an opposing squadron is a conflict of interest. Plus it's not fair on the team that brought it's full squadron. If the squadron short borrows a great player, maybe better than the player that would have played in the first place and wins, I feel the other squadron has a right to be very unhappy.

It's every squadrons responsibility to provide enough players to take to the court. People have busy lives and people get hurt. You see it every weekend in sport (whether serious or social comps) around the world. If a team is short they either play with what they have, borrow from a 'lower grade' (in the same club) or forfeit. Teams have lost premierships due to injuries to key players. It's the nature of the beast.
Back to top Go down
dubya

dubya

PostSubject: Re: Qa. Squadrons short of players discussion   Qa. Squadrons short of players discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:05 am

Ok

1. I don't mind swapping the shedule around to help out.

2. As long as both cags are happy to play that way it's a viable option, personally i would only like to see this option used if there are no players available to choose a replacement for not if a cag chooses not to pick a player from the pool available

3a. I like the option of grabbing a rec player, i see it as a oppurtunity to increase the player pool and the interest in the game. It came up on the weekend that a team shouldn't be forced to play with a player they are not used to, i agree, but let's face it players are going to get hurt or sick or not able to make it some days. I would to see teams take a active interest in helping bring up rec players or even better new people from the outside the game and have them as shadow players, invite them to training play rec games with them in your team so if they have to come up as a replacement they are good to go. Also helps if you lose players next season to opposing teams, new teams or leaving the game.

3b. Grabbing another squad league player, not sure, some people may see it as a conflict of interest, i know i would play my guts out no matter what team i'm playing for, but i would like to see other options used before this one.

4. If a team wants to play a player down and play a 3 on 2 game they should be able to choose that option.
Back to top Go down
Rogue

Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Qa. Squadrons short of players discussion   Qa. Squadrons short of players discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:39 am

I think that the options presented for 1, 3, and 4 are fair.

Attempting to reschedule games by a slot or two worked fine on last game day and I don't think it will be an issue.

Bringing in another player to fill out the team would to me be the next logical step. I personally don't mind if the player comes from Squadron or Rec League. If the player were to come from Squadron League and no-one objects (as in both CAGS, the player, and the player's CAG) then I think it is reasonable. I know it is not the most professional approach and I think that it should be restricted to calling up Rec League players in future seasons but the simple fact is we don't have enough Rec League players at the moment to call them up. Last weekend we had several games where there were no Rec League players around.

I do think that a team should be limited to a single substitue for a game. If they are down to a single squadron player then they can only call up one other player and will have to play down by one.

The next option I think would be to play a person down on your team against the full strength opposing team.

The final option is to forfeit the match.

As for the idea of 2 on 2 games, I personally don't think they should be substitued for on the league roster. I acutally like 2 on 2 games more than 3 on 3 but we decided that the league would be 3 on 3 and I am against having them in the regular schedule in place of a 3 on 3 game. 2 on 2 is a completely different game and I don't think it should be mixed into the regular round. Having an entire round of 2 on 2 in the season, on the other hand, would be a fun and different idea and one to consider for future seasons.

This approach would constrain teams to playing 3 on 3 or having a significant disadvantage but I think that is the way we should go. The Squadron League was put together for players who wanted to play seriously and competiively and that is what this is about. We asked everyone at the start of this to volunteer for the Squadron League only if they were willing to commit to being at every team game, just like any other sport.

Just so you are all aware, the Lupi will likely be affected by this as much as the Vipers. We are shortly losing a player and will be in exactly the same situation with having only 3 players on our roster. I still think this is the more professional way to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Qa. Squadrons short of players discussion   Qa. Squadrons short of players discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Qa. Squadrons short of players discussion
Page 1 of 1